Terra Incognita

I tried a 'new to me' recipe tonight that I found  a few weeks ago while trolling through blogs at random. The recipe was 'Polish Stew' on the now apparently abandoned 'Emily's Experiments'


I made it pretty much as written and served it with fresh-out-of-the-oven bread. It was quick, easy, warming on a chilly day, and everyone ate it quite happily. I believe I'll be making it again. In case she takes down her blog, here's the recipe:

Polish Stew

Small head of cabbage, cut into thick shreds
kielbasa sausage, sliced
1 c corn
2-3 potatoes
1 small onion, diced
4-5 cups chicken broth
Spicy brown mustard

In a large pot, saute in the sausage until starting to brown. Add the potatoes and onion and cook, stiring, until the onions soften and the potatoes begin to brown.
Add the shredded cabbage, corn and a couple of tablespoons mustard. Cover with chicken broth.
Simmer until the cabbage and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.  Serve with more mustard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment