Chicken Marsala



Do you ever make something you haven't made in years and then ask yourself 'Why on earth did I ever stop making this?'

I had one of those moments recently when I made chicken marsala. Everyone in the family has always liked it - including the picky ones. It's fast and easy, so time and energy wasn't the problem. I have no idea why it fell off the menu, but for now  I'm just glad it's back.

Chicken Marsala

2 chicken breasts
5 or 6 mushrooms, depending on size and how much you like them
olive oil
1/4 marsala wine
1/3 cream
salt and pepper to taste

  • Butterfly the chicken breast and slice the mushrooms
  • Heat oil and add the mushrooms and chicken pieces, cooking for a few minutes on each side. Make sure the chicken is done, but don't overcook.
  • Add the marsala wine and allow to flame, if you can. I never seem to get it to, so I cook it for several minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
  • Stir in the cream and add salt and pepper to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment