Sourdough Pancakes

Lately I've been experimenting with sourdough. I had fun with it for a while, making all sorts of different things and busily researching new ideas to try when I had more time. I have yet to try the sourdough cracker recipe I found, but I do have a new favorite pancake recipe.

I didn't record the method for making my sourdough starter. I just followed the directions on a website I found, and after about a week, I had a lively starter. There are many available - and most are much better at posting pictures than I am. But once you have your starter, you can try this recipe.

Sourdough Pancakes

The night before:
1/2 cup starter
1/2 cup each milk and water
1 1/2 cup flour

Mix together, cover loosly and leave out overnight. I put a plate over the top of my mixing bowl and set it in the oven with the light on.

In the morning, add:
2 eggs, beaten
2 t sugar
2 T melted butter
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

Stir well, and then cook as you would any other pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment